build website using GTFS and OpenTripPlanner: use API? or static GTFS? How to?

Ayron Guerra

Mar 4, 2022, 10:28:13 AM3/4/22
to OpenTripPlanner Developers
Hi,

I am trying to make a website that could use static GTFS data or data from an API, or database linked to a route planner such as OpenTripPlanner for upcoming change of transit services in my area. I want to use an unpublished GTFS and the trip planner to simulate what bus routes a user will need to take before the changes of services happen. That way the end user will be prepared and plan ahead for the day the services change.

I have some questions:  is there any other people that have done this before and could give me some advise? any tutorials or documentation that would be helpful on making this project? is there a standard API format I have to follow if I need to create one?  Thanks