OTP analysis, test and validation

Stefan

May 12, 2021, 2:20:26 PM5/12/21
to OpenTripPlanner Developers
Hi folks,

How are you? I hope this finds you well. I am rather new to OTP. I am
working with some instances of OTP in version 2.0 and 1.5. I would like
to analyze, test and validate the web API output of those instances for
quality assurance reasons. I would also fancy to compare the API output.

Can you recommend tools or clients that facilitate this kind of work.
Hacking trip requests into the default web client is rather tedious. I
bet, some smart guys already created some helpful tools.

I appreciate any advice. Cheers!

--
Stefan Begerad
Software Engineer

Fon US: +1 443 518 8511
Fon DE: +49 174 85 11 770
Mail: ste...@begerad.de
Internet: www.begerad.de

Dede Echtzeit-Karte: www.dedriver.org

Victor Pavlushkov

May 12, 2021, 2:39:49 PM5/12/21
to Stefan, OpenTripPlanner Developers
Hi Stefan,

Have a look at https://github.com/HSLdevcom/OTPQA. This is the tool I have been using a year ago when comparing OTP1 vs. OTP2 performance. You basically generate a set of locations (taken from a GTFS file) and test routes, and then execute API calls agains your OTP servers. You can build your summary report afterwards. And since it is Python, you can modify it as you with. 😉

Alternatively, you could use something like https://jmeter.apache.org/, but it takes a bit more time to generate the test data to feed it there.

Regards

Victor Pavlushkov
Test Automation Engineer