android app not displaying trees

JITHIN THANKACHAN

Jun 5, 2018, 9:25:38 AM6/5/18
to opentreemap-user
Hi All,

I don't know  the status of this mailing list. But I want to get a customized version of opentreemap get deployed. I had setup the server (using the vagrant image) and somehow build the android app. I am able to establish connection to server and able to add tree from the app. But current tree's in the map is not displaying or listing. Can someone please tell me where I am going wrong.

Michael Maurizi

Jun 5, 2018, 9:55:29 AM6/5/18
to opentree...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

First of all, I recommend not using the Vagrant image for a production server - it is intended for development only, and the default settings on it are not secure or production ready. Please follow the installation guide on the wiki https://github.com/OpenTreeMap/otm-core/wiki/Installation-Guide

For the Android app, the first step is verifying that the tree you added in the android app appears on the website. If it does appear on the website, then you're correct that the issue you have is with the tiler, in which case you probably haven't configured the tiler URL correctly as per the README.
Make sure it is specified in your XML resources. It should be something like 'https://example.com/tile/'.

If you're still having issues, I suggest inspecting your Android device/emulator in Android Studio with Logcat and looking at the log messages that are posted.

Good luck!

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 9:25 AM JITHIN THANKACHAN <jithinthan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I don't know  the status of this mailing list. But I want to get a customized version of opentreemap get deployed. I had setup the server (using the vagrant image) and somehow build the android app. I am able to establish connection to server and able to add tree from the app. But current tree's in the map is not displaying or listing. Can someone please tell me where I am going wrong.

Michael Maurizi, Software Developer
Azavea |  990 Spring Garden, 5th Floor, Philadelphia, PA
mmau...@azavea.com
| Web azavea.com  |  @azavea

JITHIN THANKACHAN

Jun 6, 2018, 7:47:50 AM6/6/18
to opentree...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Michael,

I missed the tailing / in the tile url. Everything works fine now.

Now the testing is done and we want to move it into production.

  • What are the things to taken care when moving to production.
  • Is there any upper limit in the number of trees a tree map can hold.

--regards
JITHIN

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 9:25 AM JITHIN THANKACHAN <jithinthankachan2600@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I don't know  the status of this mailing list. But I want to get a customized version of opentreemap get deployed. I had setup the server (using the vagrant image) and somehow build the android app. I am able to establish connection to server and able to add tree from the app. But current tree's in the map is not displaying or listing. Can someone please tell me where I am going wrong.

Michael Maurizi, Software Developer
Azavea990 Spring Garden, 5th Floor, Philadelphia, PA
mmau...@azavea.com
| Web azavea.com  |  @azavea

JITHIN THANKACHAN

Jul 3, 2018, 6:01:02 AM7/3/18
to opentree...@googlegroups.com
Michael,

I want to add user phone number to open tree map! is it possible to add custom fileds?

--regards
JITHIN