Future of OpenTreeMap

Joseph Moran

Jan 27, 2021, 9:47:40 AM1/27/21
to opentreemap-user
So, I heard a rumor that Azavea may shutter later this year.  Should that happen, will OpenTreeMap continue as an independent project?  Are there any alternatives available?

Deborah Boyer

Jan 27, 2021, 9:55:10 AM1/27/21
to opentree...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joseph,

There are no plans for Azavea to close down. We're doing well and excited to work on a variety of interesting projects in 2021.

However, we are considering options for no longer providing subscriptions to OpenTreeMap. We expect to continue subscriptions for several more months and are looking at how to potentially transfer maintenance of OTM to another group after that. No matter what, the open source code will remain available for anyone to use.

Thanks,
Deb

On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 9:47 AM Joseph Moran <jmo...@fastmail.com> wrote:
So, I heard a rumor that Azavea may shutter later this year.  Should that happen, will OpenTreeMap continue as an independent project?  Are there any alternatives available?

Deborah Boyer, Project Manager
Azavea |  990 Spring Garden Street, 5th Floor, Philadelphia, PA
T 215.701.7506  |  Web azavea.com  |  @azavea