PaySwarm demo software launched

Manu Sporny

Feb 22, 2012, 3:00:34 PM2/22/12
to Web Payments CG, opentr...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

PaySwarm alpha for developers has just launched. It is an implementation
of the PaySwarm specifications and will hopefully help people understand
what the specs look like when they're implemented as a part of a
commercial service. There is more about the release here:

http://digitalbazaar.com/2012/02/22/new-payswarm-alpha/

At the moment, we only support interactive website-based purchases, but
plan to put in new features every month (like simple REST transactions,
automatic payments, data portability, crowd-funding, etc.). When we make
new releases, we'll announce them on the Web Payments mailing list.

You can try the demo out here:

https://dev.payswarm.com/

Keep in mind that all monetary transfers for the developer site are not
tied to any financial networks, so no need to worry about bugs causing
any sort of financial loss. However, this is the real software that
we're planning on commercializing later this year, so no part of the
transaction or accounting process is faked.

Once you have an account on the developer website, you can try out the
WordPress PaySwarm demo. It demonstrates how PaySwarm can be integrated
into blogs in order to sell particular pieces of blog content (articles,
music, video, etc.):

http://payswarm.com/wiki/WordPress_Recipes_Demo

We will be creating and releasing new demos over the next couple of
weeks. Source code will be released simultaneously with the demo
releases. For example, here is the code for the WordPress plugin that is
running on the live demo website:

https://github.com/digitalbazaar/payswarm-wordpress/tree/dsig

So, if you'd like - take the demo for a spin and let us know what you
think about it.

-- manu

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: PaySwarm Website for Developers Launched
http://digitalbazaar.com/2012/02/22/new-payswarm-alpha/

Melvin Carvalho

Feb 22, 2012, 3:10:08 PM2/22/12
to opentr...@googlegroups.com, Web Payments CG

Awesome!  I know guys have been working for 7 years to get the infrastructure ready for this system.

I've had a quick play, it looks good so far.

Congrats on reaching this milestone!

Manu Sporny

Feb 22, 2012, 11:56:07 PM2/22/12
On 02/22/2012 03:10 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> Awesome! I know guys have been working for 7 years to get the
> infrastructure ready for this system.
>
> I've had a quick play, it looks good so far.
>
> Congrats on reaching this milestone!

Thanks... it's nice to have something out there for people to try out.

We hope that future releases will be a bit quicker. The big bottleneck
for this release was designing and implementing the Web Keys protocol.
Hopefully, we'll be able to add features at a faster rate now that the
updated base architecture is there.

That said, we'd love to hear about things that people would like to see
implemented first... I think we have, in pseudo-order-of-preference:

* Publishing RDFa 1.1 and JSON-LD for identities, accounts and keys
* Authenticated REST API calls via Web Keys
* Basic Transactions REST API
* Simple PaySwarm Node.js/Python/PHP library
* PaySwarm demos - games, crowd-funding, etc.

Jeff Sayre wrote:
> Very exciting, Manu! This comes at a great time in my project. I
> look forward to trying out this newer version.

Let us know what you need for your project... we would be more than
happy to make sure that the REST API calls and libraries are there so
that you don't spend too much time having to implement stuff that is not
core to your project.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: PaySwarm vs. OpenTransact Shootout
http://manu.sporny.org/2011/web-payments-comparison/