Jerkiness and smoothness with export mp4 and png

Philippe GARCIA-ORTUNO

Feb 2, 2024, 6:38:36 PMFeb 2
to OpenToonz Users Forum

Hello,

I made an animation with 192 frames at 24 fps but the mp4 rendering is not fluid and there are jerks and artifacts.

You can download the mp4 export here :

http://chapolin.free.fr/vrac/piqure.mp4

And when I export as png images, there are similar problems in my video editing software (cinelerra).

How can I solve this problem?

Thank you in advance for your help, best regards

DarrenT

Feb 3, 2024, 8:35:53 AMFeb 3
to OpenToonz Users Forum
I can't see any jerkiness in this video. The curtains open smoothly.
Nor can I see any artifacts.
Maybe it's your video player? Can you watch this on a friend's computer to compare?

Philippe GARCIA-ORTUNO

Feb 5, 2024, 4:11:10 AMFeb 5
to OpenToonz Users Forum

Thank you very much for your help. So I tested with another computer at home and indeed everything was fine. I'll try to find out what's wrong with my main computer, which is running ubuntu 20.04 with a good NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics card and 32 GB ram ...