Slowdown problem

Philippe GARCIA-ORTUNO

Dec 23, 2022, 6:05:04 PM12/23/22
to OpenToonz Users Forum
Hello,
 I have a problem with a project that is lagging because it looks a bit complex. There are for example 45 small drawings which complete another drawing with Animate tool and many keys of position, size and rotations, but with other things still. I would like to draw in a track but it's really slow, it's very very slow. What must be deactivated in order to recover flexibility in order to continue working?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Gabriel Gazzán (gab3d)

Dec 23, 2022, 6:23:32 PM12/23/22
to OpenToonz Users Forum
if you are using vector levels you can try activating View > Visualize Vector as Raster.

DarrenT

Dec 24, 2022, 9:21:32 AM12/24/22
to OpenToonz Users Forum
Vectors are well known to slow down your system, but if you've finished with those drawings, one technique that I find works really well is to render out those drawings as an image sequence (png) and then start a new scene, import those drawings and continue. Or to just start a new scene for the next part of your animation.

Philippe GARCIA-ORTUNO

Dec 26, 2022, 5:59:35 PM12/26/22
to OpenToonz Users Forum
Thanks a lot for your help :) In fact I found the problem, I had drawn a portion of the roadside with grass, so a lot of lines and to save time I copied and pasted the portion of grass all along of the road. That's what slowed everything down. So I only kept the original and I will make the copies just before rendering when everything is drawn.