Opentoonz for creating interactive multimedia presentations

Bilal Ali

Nov 26, 2021, 4:11:38 AM11/26/21
to OpenToonz Users Forum
Hello everyone. New member here and this is my first post. I have been an avid user of Adobe Flash for 2 decades now. I used it to create multimedia interactive animations for educational purposes. But that technology has been discontinued now and I am not willing to migrate to Adobe Animate (One reason being its cost). I have searched the net looking for a free alternative to Adobe animate one that lets me do animations and allows me to change the behavior of the elements of the animation based on user input through scripts, that can encode complex logic (like Actionscript used in Adobe Flash). Of all the options available, OpenToonz seems to fit the bill most accurately. But before i invest my time and effort to learn the software I would like to ask the experienced users of this software whether OpenToonz capable of meeting my requirements. I don't want to spend weeks learning the software only to find out in the end that the software simply does not do what i want it do. So can the wonderfull people enlighten me that whether OpenToonz can be used to create highly interactive animations (sort of like interactive games) like you could create previously in Adobe Flash and currently in Adobe Animate. I will be very gratefull for any helpful advice that I will get from the users of this forum

DarrenT

Nov 27, 2021, 7:00:00 AM11/27/21
to OpenToonz Users Forum
No you can't create games in OpenToonz. It's just for creating animations.

Artisteacher

Nov 29, 2021, 5:53:26 PM11/29/21
to OpenToonz Users Forum
While OT can use expressions, there are no interactivity options. You might be able to import your drawings/animations from OT into another program like Unity to add the interactivity but I haven't done so myself.