Question Regarding Files

Milo “Ghostsomni” M

Jul 7, 2024, 3:52:24 PM (10 days ago) Jul 7
to OpenToonz Users Forum
So I was wondering if I was able to open a Toon Boom file in Opentoonz? I couldn't find anything, the ones I did see said yes, but when I tried, nothing worked.

BluFudge CrispyRice

Jul 9, 2024, 1:03:57 AM (8 days ago) Jul 9
to OpenToonz Users Forum
Sorry man, I don't think that's ever been a feature. I've done a quick google and from what I see here: https://github.com/opentoonz/opentoonz_docs/issues/146, they're still considering developing support.

Rodney

Jul 9, 2024, 1:21:28 AM (8 days ago) Jul 9
to OpenToonz Users Forum
You would need to export or render the files out of Toonboom.  Then Opentoonz can load/import the images for use.
I don't think Toon Boom has support for Open Cel Animation (OCA) but that is increasingly seen in animation programs.
Opentoonz (and its fork Tahoma2D) are currently one of the few programs that support both export and import of files via OCA.
Most programs just support OCA export.
You might have the folks at Toon Boom look into adding that export but... you can pretty much gain the same output minus the frame exposure information by exporting the imagery to standard image files/sequences such as PNG.
Use file formating such as image.0001.png to have Opentoonz automatically see the files as a sequence.

Rodney