Frames deleting when I'm not working on them

Ben S

Mar 31, 2021, 5:30:32 PM3/31/21
to OpenToonz Users Forum
Hello,

I've been having issues where I'll be working on my animation and opentoonz will change the timings of my frames, move them around, or will delete frames or bring back old ones. For example, I'll be working on in-betweeing the frames 100-200 and then scroll down to see my key frames (using key frames as the term, in opentoonz I kept them as normal frames) and I'll see that a frame holds for much longer, or two have been switched positions, a frame I deleted will have reappeared, or most annoyingly the there will just be a section of frames deleted.

At first I could get most of them back by typing in the next frame numbers and they would pop up again, but now I only could get 3 frames back that way and if I try to type the next higher numbers, after that it says they don't exist. I'm pretty unfamiliar with how saving in opentoonz work, since being able to bring a frame "back" after deleting it isn't something I've encountered in other programs. Is there a way to stop this deletion? And a way for me to look at the storage of all my frames? Working on a project where the frames are gradually deleting themselves without being able to be brought back by typing their number back in is pretty frustrating.

gog...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2021, 4:47:11 PM4/6/21
to OpenToonz Users Forum
> And a way for me to look at the storage of all my frames?

You can browse all frames in a level in the Level Strip window.

To open Level Strip window:
  • Select Menu bar > Windows > Level Strip .
  • You can select the current level by a combo box at the top of the Level Strip window.
Regarding disappearing of your drawings, you may need to adjust the preferences settings for drawing autocreation.
Autocreation settings are in Preferences > Drawing category > Enable Autocreation group box .
  • Numbering System : option is either Incremental and Use Xsheet as Animation Sheet . It specifies a number to be set for new drawing.
  • Enable Auto-stretch Frame : whenever drawing in a new frame, the prior frame, if there is one, is automatically stretched to meet the new frame. Additionally, the new frame is automatically stretched to meet the next frame, if there is one.
  • Enable Creation in Hold Cells : specifies whether a new drawing will be created when start drawing in the "hold" cell - i.e. the cell with the same contents as the previous one.
  • Enable Autorenumber : when inserting a new drawing between existing frames, with this options being ON, the following frames will be automatically renumbered so that the frame orders becomes straightforward as possible.
If Enable Autorenumber option is enabled, your drawings will be automatically renumbered when you insert drawing. Which may appear as "disappearing".

2021年4月1日木曜日 6:30:32 UTC+9 Ben S: