New to Opentoonz- Will not open at all

Nikolett J

Oct 14, 2021, 3:14:30 PM10/14/21
to OpenToonz Users Forum
I've just downloaded the newest version of Opentoonz to a new laptop (never had any previous versions) And the program will not open. All I get is the loading screen saying the program is opening, then that closes and nothing else happens. I've reinstalled multiple times, updated my intel driver, and restarted my PC multiple times with no changes. I'd REALLY love to give this program a try but unfortunately I'm going to give up soon if I can't resolve this. :( Any help is appreciated!

xx 1984

Oct 16, 2021, 4:43:17 PM10/16/21
to OpenToonz Users Forum
Hard to guess, maybe try tahoma 2d, it is almost the same as OT but with some cool features added, https://tahoma2d.org/  and don't give up, this software is amazing but yes sometimes a bit unstable.

Kyle Is Missing

Jan 14, 2022, 1:12:39 PM1/14/22
to OpenToonz Users Forum
its also happening to me, i was really sad 'cus it looks like a good animation program, better than the ones i tried

DarrenT

Jan 14, 2022, 2:46:41 PM1/14/22
to OpenToonz Users Forum
If you've got any virus software running, turn that off temporarily. It can get in the way of the program sometimes. If so, then add exception folders, so that it doesn't interfere with your C:\OpenToonz Stuff folder.