Back on Open Toonz after 1 year off

F M

May 27, 2024, 5:14:41 PMMay 27
to OpenToonz Users Forum
I have made 2 complex cartoons, i just need someone to refresh my memory here. All I want to know is how I can add a different colour to my palette when drawing out my first scene?

Here is a screen shot of my problem

As you can see, when i add a new palette colour its always black, I cannot change this. I want the the cream colour on the right hand side.

Many thanks in advance for your help
paletteproblemopentoonz.odg

Gabriel Gazzán (gab3d)

May 27, 2024, 5:32:29 PMMay 27
to OpenToonz Users Forum
Hi,
First, please for the next one, upload your screenshots in a normal image format, like PNG, JPG, that doesn't require others to have a specific program installed to be able to see them.
It will improve your chances of getting help...

To the point, it seems you have inadvertently deactivated the Auto button in the Style Editor.
Activate it again, or just press the Apply button to manually apply each change you make to a color.

Captura de pantalla 2024-05-27 182500.png

OneWatt

May 27, 2024, 5:34:58 PMMay 27
to OpenToonz Users Forum
Sorry, can you clarify a bit? Are you familiar with storing/saving/copying palettes?

Adding colors by clicking on the "+" is fairly straightforward ... if you want the color that you're creating to be something other than black, first click somewhere near the color picker panel such that none of the current existing colors are active) and THEN dial in "cream" or whatever other color you'd like to add and THEN hit the "+" key... and the color you've just produced in the Style Editor will be added as the next color you've created without first showing up as black. HTH.

F M

May 28, 2024, 9:13:26 AMMay 28
to OpenToonz Users Forum

Thanks for your reply Gab, i still can't work this out. I am trying to add the cream colour, but its not happening. Is there an easier way to draw and put colours into a scene? Here is a better screenshot for you...
Untitled design (1).png

OneWatt

May 28, 2024, 9:53:31 AMMay 28
to OpenToonz Users Forum
You seem to have what you want in a saved palette. If so, rIght-click on the "my palette' item in the folder list (right side of your screen) where the colors are shown that you seem to want to load. Then select "Load into current palette" - it will bring those colors/styles into your active level.

Gabriel Gazzán (gab3d)

May 28, 2024, 3:14:06 PMMay 28
to OpenToonz Users Forum
But... as per this new screenshot, you still haven't activated the Auto button in the Syle Editor, have you?