Is there a way to make one color always appear in front of others?

Emiruu

May 7, 2024, 12:33:46 PMMay 7
to OpenToonz Users Forum
I'm trying to make the outline appear above all the other colors, as i don't want to draw each shadow around the outline.
top is what happens
bottom is what i want to happen, but not manually.

screenie.png

Rodney

May 7, 2024, 1:01:29 PMMay 7
to OpenToonz Users Forum
I don't recall when it was added but if using the current releases there are some useful options (for toonz raster)

We can always draw under... or over... or let the order of palette swatches dictate.
Draw Order.png

DarrenT

May 7, 2024, 1:27:12 PMMay 7
to OpenToonz Users Forum
You haven't mentioned which level type you're drawing it, but if you draw in vector or toonz raster, then this happens by default. Be sure you're using the bucket fill or the paint brush (not drawing brush) for the colours and they'll always be drawn behind the lines.

OneWatt

May 7, 2024, 5:07:42 PMMay 7
to OpenToonz Users Forum
I'll only add that putting specific objects behind or in front of others using "[" and "]" may also be involved in what's on top, depending on how you're approaching things. In connection with this, selecting and "grouping" items seems to force things to work accordingly to intentions (i.e., even "grouping" single items seems to make a difference in this regard).