Doodle Paint (Opentoonz Workflow)

Rodney

Oct 5, 2019, 6:53:07 AM10/5/19
to OpenToonz Users Forum
Here's a random mouse I drew where I thought it would be fun to take it a little further and paint him.
In the process I decided to use it as a time lapse of sorts demonstrating the process as he goes from stage to stage.
Opentoonz from start to finish even the final render to gif animation seen here.

Edu Raf

Oct 5, 2019, 7:00:32 AM10/5/19
to OpenToonz Users Forum
Great effort! Very well done. Guess you used the plastic tool.
Congratulations and keep on with your project!

Rodney

Oct 5, 2019, 8:30:37 AM10/5/19
to OpenToonz Users Forum
Yes, before deciding to do the demo route I was going to animate him waving or something similar.
Here's a slightly modified Project for anyone interested.
The main thing changed from the original project is removal of a few TIF images and conversion of remaining TIF images to PNG.  This to drop the file size from 9MB+ to less than 2MB.

This was just a random doodle of a mouse that ended up getting more attention.
So no bigger project intended other than maybe trying to work out a better way to share project files with other people.
Thanks for the well wishes!

Rodney

Oct 5, 2019, 8:33:35 AM10/5/19
to opento...@googlegroups.com
The TIF files that were intermediary steps in the painting process were these  (hope they aren't too huge!):

Edu Raf

Oct 5, 2019, 8:36:44 AM10/5/19
to OpenToonz Users Forum
I guess you are more or less at the same point with OT than me.But you already started working with colours which is great. I am still drawing and animating without colors. And working my way out with camera movements in OT.

Going to publish my experiences also.

Rodney

Oct 5, 2019, 8:56:38 AM10/5/19
to opento...@googlegroups.com
Definitely share your experiences.

If you aren't using one of the recent nightly releases I'll recommend looking into those.
Especially as the xsheet and timeline now have a camera column and that will make a lot of folks life easier.

Let me know if you need a link.

Here's another random doodle I posted on discord letting others know about the (now resized) Camera column in the xsheet: