PNG file imported in Opentoonz does not appear on canvas

eunanimi

May 29, 2024, 7:53:51 AMMay 29
to OpenToonz Users Forum
Hello again :)
I have png sequence files exported from After Effects with RGB + Alpha channels,
but when imported in Opentoonz via Load level > open as Frames, the PNG files show up to be solid white (or just empty pixels) on the canvas. In fact the images I have exported from After Effects have no transparency. They are just still images from a live action video.
I do not understand why this would happen. Can anyone please explain the reason for this?

Rodney

May 29, 2024, 8:01:35 AMMay 29
to OpenToonz Users Forum
Can you share a copy of a PNG image that is problematic?

eunanimi

May 29, 2024, 8:30:42 AMMay 29
to OpenToonz Users Forum
Hello Rodney, Thank you once again for trying to help me out. I have attached one of the files down below. The funny thing is it was only yesterday evening that this problem of the files not appearing on canvas when imported as Load Level in OT happened (I think I did the action at least three times over and over again). And just now I tried to re-load the same files to double check on them before uploading here.... well, now the images DO show up on the canvas. I don't understand what is going on... By the way, the file name is in Korean so the characters might look wrong if you were expecting them to be in English.

2024년 5월 29일 수요일 오후 9시 1분 35초 UTC+9에 Rodney님이 작성:
컴포지션 1 (00154).png

Rodney

May 29, 2024, 10:10:16 AMMay 29
to OpenToonz Users Forum
As you suggest now is happening for you, the image loads for me here.
I would suspect it could be an ffmpeg related issue but even there.. PNG files will load without ffmpeg.

I guess the best we can do at this point is watch to see it occur again and make note of any related information at that time.

eunanimi

May 29, 2024, 10:34:37 AMMay 29
to OpenToonz Users Forum
Thank you. I will let you know when the same problem occurs again next time.

2024년 5월 29일 수요일 오후 11시 10분 16초 UTC+9에 Rodney님이 작성:

Gabriel Gazzán (gab3d)

May 29, 2024, 1:37:09 PMMay 29
to OpenToonz Users Forum
Hi,
the image loads fine here too.

what I see is that the file name structure doesn't adhere to the file naming convention OpenToonz uses:
Captura de pantalla 2024-05-29 143501.png

eunanimi

May 29, 2024, 8:48:00 PMMay 29
to OpenToonz Users Forum
Hello Gabriel Gazzán (gab3d),
Thank you for your reply. Actually, one of my students from yesterday's class had none of the problems that I had experienced when loading his PNG files (the rest of the students exported theirs as PSD files as told except for this one student) that were exported from After Effects. The only change made was that his video output channels were set to RGB, instead of the RGB + Alpha. (Initially, I had told the students to make sure 'Use Comp Frame Number' was checked so that when importing the images we could look into the frame numbers for timing reference. So all of us had the frames named automatically in AE.) Yet he could load them in Opentoonz with visibility in the canvas. So I was thinking that probably it could've been the RGB + Alpha channel selection that made the PNG file invisible in OT. However, after class, I tried out on both the RGB and RGB + Alpha output settings for export in AE, and strangely, this time, all of the frames showed visiblity in the canvas in OT.
2024년 5월 30일 목요일 오전 2시 37분 9초 UTC+9에 gabc...@gmail.com님이 작성: