glut32.dll not found and moving it to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 hasn't solved the problem

OpenToonz Noob

Dec 11, 2020, 6:00:05 AM12/11/20
to OpenToonz Users Forum
Hello everyone, I'm new to opentoonz and I've been working on a scene for a few weeks.
I updated my laptop to windows 10 and then subsequently turned my laptop off and back on again. When I turned it back on and tried to open my scene to work on it once more,  I started getting error messages telling me that glut32.dll couldn't be found.

I have looked for a solution to this problem elsewhere online and saw that standard advice was to move glut32.dll to C:\Windows\SysWOW64. I did this and while it did get rid of the pop up message, I still can't open the scene.

Now the new error message tells me:
"There were problems loading the scene C:\Opentoonz stuff\sandbox\Scenes\ [The name I gave my scene goes here]. Some files may be missing"
Somebody else online who seems to have had the same problem as me, said it was solved because they realized they didn't have their file extensions being viewed properly. I don't now what the significance of that is. Something about the difference between files being TMP and TNZ perhaps?
Any help you can offer me will be appreciated as I'd rather not lose my creation.
Thanks

Nilu24

Mar 24, 2021, 8:17:27 AM3/24/21
to OpenToonz Users Forum
I have the same Problem.... do you have a Solution?