I cant export GIF files

Fabián Rodríguez

Mar 22, 2024, 1:05:30 PMMar 22
to OpenToonz Users Forum
For some reason i can't export GIFs. I can export the same scene in .mp4 but when i render a GIF it shows the rendering window but the file is not created. I already tested different versions of OpenToonz and FFmpeg. Help!

Artisteacher

Mar 22, 2024, 6:06:08 PMMar 22
to OpenToonz Users Forum
If you look in the ffmpeg/bin directory, do you have both ffmpeg and ffprobe?

Philo_logique

Jun 10, 2024, 7:25:27 PMJun 10
to OpenToonz Users Forum
It happens to me as well. I checked and i have both ffmpeg and ffprobe in my ffmpeg folder.
The mp4 export and others works just fine, the gif export act like normal but when it's done, the actual file doesn't show up:isn't created.

Puggytatoes

Jun 10, 2024, 7:37:57 PMJun 10
to OpenToonz Users Forum
Same issue with me. I don't know if there's a correlation, but I noticed the gifs don't export for me on Windows 11, but it still works fine on my Windows 10 device.

Gabriel Gazzán (gab3d)

Jun 10, 2024, 8:08:13 PMJun 10
to OpenToonz Users Forum
I'm on Windows 11 and can export animated GIF correctly. 🤷‍♂️

Gabriel Gazzán (gab3d)

Jun 10, 2024, 8:13:51 PMJun 10
to OpenToonz Users Forum
here's an example:

test.gif

Rodney

Jun 10, 2024, 10:10:06 PMJun 10
to OpenToonz Users Forum
I opened a report that likely captures what you are experiencing.  Both those of you that can render to gif a those that cannot.  Something changed in the latest release of ffmpeg (version 7.0) that breaks rendering to gif.  As a workaround for now try downloading a previous release of ffmpeg and rendering to gif should work.

Gabriel Gazzán (gab3d)

Jun 10, 2024, 10:20:01 PMJun 10
to OpenToonz Users Forum
this is the version I'm using