Undo Button Bug Report

Don Dao

Jul 15, 2024, 9:13:55 PM (2 days ago) Jul 15
to OpenToonz Users Forum
Dear Opentoonz,

I have realized that every time I use the select tool a lot, the undo button breaks. If I forge on and try to limit as many undos as possible (by erasing incorreclty drawn strokes, etc.), sometimes when I reflexively hit the undo shortcut a few of the previous frames I worked on would disappear from the timeline (they're still existing in the level view area though so I just re drag and drop onto the timeline).

It's really frustrating to deal with though because whenever I am editing timing of a sketch, I will delete unecessary in betweens, and the numbers do not change to accommodate (probably as part of nondestructive editing, which I do like). That, however, means the frames will jump numbers and this bug will remove a whole swath of frames which leaves me to manually replace the correct frames, which are not in sequence after editing timing.

I'm really trying to enjoy the program, and I appreciate the fact that it can be robust, but it's very glitchy and it impedes my workflow quite a bit.

Thank you,
Don Dao

DarrenT

Jul 16, 2024, 11:27:40 AM (21 hours ago) Jul 16
to OpenToonz Users Forum
As soon as you notice the undo not working, you should restart the program. It won't fix itself and you will end up losing work. However, for most of us, undo doesn't break too much.
If you can put together a list of repeatable steps for when the undo breaks, that would be immensely useful. Please do log a bug report for that. Without it, there's little that can be done.

DarrenT

Jul 16, 2024, 2:22:20 PM (18 hours ago) Jul 16
to OpenToonz Users Forum
You can log a bug report from the page linked inside OpenToonz in the help menu. Just fill out each section on the form shown to you. The more detail you share, the more chance of the issue being fixed.