Vector and Raster Problems on Tablet

mariana b

Jul 22, 2021, 3:50:11 AM7/22/21
to OpenToonz Users Forum
Hiya-
I have the same issue I saw a user named Daniel outlined on here last month. Basically, when I attempt to use Opentoonz on my drawing tablet, the brush tool on raster layers is way off to where I am actually drawing and I can't see any lines I make on vector layers until I've already made them (making it very difficult to draw). I read through the replies this other user received both on here and on GitHub and someone pointed out it might be an issue relating to the aspect ratio from my Mac to my tablet. Is there any known way to fix this issue? I've already tried redownloading the program, downloading the nightly version, and recalibrating my tablet. I would love to use this program but at the moment with these issues it is sort of impossible :(

Thanks in advance!

DarrenT

Jul 22, 2021, 4:42:18 AM7/22/21
to OpenToonz Users Forum
Usually when your brush is offset from where you're drawing it's because of a multi-screen setup (more than one monitor or using a screen tablet with a monitor). If this is you, you can try one of these, from windows settings:
- Make your screen tablet the main monitor
- Make all screens the same resolution
- make sure your using 100% zoom.