1.5 vs 1.4 interface

Vitos

Nov 28, 2021, 12:28:41 PM11/28/21
to OpenToonz Users Forum
Is it possible to make in version 1.5 interface, as in version 1.4?

DarrenT

Nov 28, 2021, 1:37:33 PM11/28/21
to OpenToonz Users Forum

Yes. You can move the panels anywhere you like.

Vitos

Nov 28, 2021, 2:04:21 PM11/28/21
to OpenToonz Users Forum
I meant to do completely as it was in version 1.4. For example, the BASIC room disappeared.

воскресенье, 28 ноября 2021 г. в 20:37:33 UTC+2, DarrenT:

DarrenT

Nov 28, 2021, 2:07:19 PM11/28/21
to OpenToonz Users Forum
I guess you could install V1.4, copy the stuff folder, with the room designs in them, then install V1.5 and replace the room layouts. But the layouts also contain the menu commands, so you'd lose access to those, which would be bad. If you liked the 1.4 layout then just recreate it. But the new layouts are much better, so I don't know why you'd want to.

Vitos

Nov 28, 2021, 2:12:13 PM11/28/21
to OpenToonz Users Forum
Need to get used to it. For example, I used to the Basic room.

воскресенье, 28 ноября 2021 г. в 21:07:19 UTC+2, DarrenT:

gab3d

Dec 8, 2021, 9:31:47 AM12/8/21
to OpenToonz Users Forum
I hope in v1.6 we could re-include a good starter room for Xsheet centric usage (similar to the old Basics one), but for now you can create your own "Basics room", if you like.
Just go over the rooms tabs and perform a right click, choose to create a new empty room. Then start opening the desired panels from the Windows menu and dock them anywhere you like to have them placed.
That's all.

Luck!

Tip: When building a new room from scratch, it's useful to NOT have the program maximized, as it helps in placing panels at the right/left most borders of the window.