Japanese Input Bug in Text Iwa FX?

Tony Polizzi

Jan 30, 2023, 12:03:26 PM1/30/23
to OpenToonz Users Forum
Hello,

with Opentoonz 1.6 version, whenever I use Text Iwa Fx and I try to input Japanese text inside the textbox of the popup window, I never get words written correctly in Japanese.

For example, if I try to input the word さくら (sakura),
the word is wrongly rendered like sあkうrあ.

While on the other hand, in the following cases, the problem does not occur, and I can easily input any Japanese word correctly. I can input Japanese text in the Memo popup, or with the Type tool on the current scene, or inside a cell of a Note level, or whenever I use a name written with Japanese characters for the scene I am going to save.

Thank you in Advance,
Tony