Has anyone else seen this? Panning the viewport using a stylus leaves dots everywhere.

EccentricIntrovert

Nov 28, 2021, 9:16:21 PM11/28/21
to OpenToonz Users Forum
I've attached a quick video showcasing what I'm talking about. I've been messing around with various settings trying to get it to go away, but nothing seems to give. I'd rather not resort to moving my hand to the mouse to move the viewport.

Some extra details:
  • This is using a Wacom Bamboo (model CTH-670)
  • I'm on Linux/KDE
  • The lower side button of the stylus is mapped to Middle Mouse Click (MMC)
  • To pan the viewport, I hold the button down before dragging across the surface
  • This doesn't happen when taking the same actions to pan the view in Blender/Krita/etc., which leads me to believe this is application-specific

I've taken a shotgun approach and posted this to reddit as well. I'd rather make sure this is a config issue before reporting it to the issue tracker.

Any tips/advice would be appreciated! :)
2021-11-28 17-40-30.mp4

DarrenT

Nov 29, 2021, 7:34:45 AM11/29/21
to OpenToonz Users Forum
I get this in OpenToonz regularly with my Huion table. I don't get it when with panning the tablet, but just by moving my pen close to the screen without tapping on it. To fix it, I just unplug the usb cable, then plug it back in.