Guidance for Minimum power consumption with my thread devices

Nikhil Komalan

Aug 12, 2021, 2:01:27 AM8/12/21
to openthread-users
Hello,

I am currently using nRF52840 DK board for my openthread applications. My final application will be such that my device goes in sleep mode for around 10sec and than again turn on for 5sec read and publish data than again gets enter sleep state.

Firstly about Sleepy End Devices, when my device is sleeping, what could be my expected current consumption and does this sleep mode means my CPU will also go in sleep state ?
Or i have to also add program code to enter low power modes separately.

Secondly in FTD (REED) devices i can see thread_sleep() function being called in while loop, does this also take my CPU in low power mode or i have to explicitly program it.

Jonathan Hui

Aug 20, 2021, 8:38:24 PM8/20/21
to Nikhil Komalan, openthread-users
I believe the code you are referencing is specific to the Nordic SDK. I'm not aware of any calls to `thread_sleep()` in the OpenThread repos. I suggest posting this question to Nordic DevZone.

--
Jonathan Hui