Texas Instruments CC2650

Patrik Berglund

May 11, 2016, 2:44:19 PM5/11/16
to openthread-users
Hi,

I'm currently evaluating a 6LoWPAN network with TI CC2650 devices running Contiki OS and CETIC 6LBR as border router.

The devices uses the MQTT protocol as transport with a broker setup in the "cloud".

I would be very interresting to test this setup with Thread, but I'm a bit unsure about what actions that are need to accomplish this.

Could you please elaborate?

BR
Patrik Berglund

Jonathan Hui

May 11, 2016, 2:52:34 PM5/11/16
to Patrik Berglund, openthread-users
Hi Patrick,

To support the CC2650, the following tasks need to be completed:
1) Implement CC2650 drivers that support the OpenThread platform APIs.
2) Integrate OpenThread with Contiki and your application.

You can find documentation on the platform APIs in http://openthread.github.io/openthread/
You can find an example of a POSIX implementation of the platform APIs in https://github.com/openthread/openthread/tree/master/examples/platform/posix

Note that TI is also a contributor to the OpenThread project.  Feel free to contact TI directly about using the CC2650 with OpenThread.

Hope that helps.

--
Jonathan Hui

Patrik Berglund

May 12, 2016, 2:52:58 PM5/12/16
to openthread-users, patrik.d...@gmail.com
Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I will start with contacting TI and see what they have to say.

BR
Patrik Berglund

Роман Торопов

Jun 24, 2016, 4:34:41 AM6/24/16
to openthread-users
I'm worried about whether enough memory in the microcontroller for openthread+RTOS

Bala Vakamalla

Jun 29, 2016, 4:43:25 AM6/29/16
to openthread-users
This is the main question that I have to proceed with Thread, that how much memory do Thread stack requires for connecting up to 30 sensors. Any responses are much appreciated.

Bala

Jul 13, 2016, 12:56:44 PM7/13/16
to openthread-users, patrik.d...@gmail.com
Hi Patrik,

I am also trying to implement openthread on CC2650, any information of how you proceeded further on this work would be highly appreciated.

Thank you
Bala