two problems about devices pairing

yinzhou tao

May 14, 2021, 12:45:08 AM5/14/21
to openthread-users
I found two problems in the process of using thread.

1. I found an occasional bug when setting up a thread network, the process is that OTBR created a thread network, then used nrf52840DK to set masterkey to join this network, found that nrf52840DK can't ping through the network. I checked the ipaddr and found that the reason is that the  nrf52840DK  did not get the On-Mesh Prefix (fd11:22::)
1.png2.png3.png
The  nrf52840DK   command is as follows:

dataset masterkey 00112233445566778899aabbccddeeff
dataset commit active
thread start

This problem only appears occasionally. Then I tried several times and did not appear again, may I ask if anyone has also appeared this problem?

2. This question is about commissioning. Does OTBR support  a lot of parallel processing when using  commissioning  ? Because I need to connect many EndDevices at once.

OTBR will use command: ot-ctl commissioner joiner add * H00R11PCC

Gabe Kassel

May 14, 2021, 10:57:08 AM5/14/21
to yinzhou tao, openthread-users
Can you print the network data from the border router perspective (ot-ctl netdata show)?

_______

Gabe Kassel
Technology Strategist | Office of the CTO

m 770.490.0431
e  ga...@eero.com

yinzhou tao

May 19, 2021, 11:21:24 PM5/19/21
to openthread-users

I'm sorry for the late reply.I've tried many times over the past few days, but I can't reproduce the problem.Maybe it is an accidental problem. If this problem occurs again in the future, I will update it here.