RCP docker connection session failed

Nitish kumar s

Jan 12, 2022, 9:19:07 AM1/12/22
to openthread-users
Hi,

Installed the docker inside EFR32, but cannot execute the following command for the RCP :

Once the docker is running, you can communicate with the RCP node via an interactive shell using this command. Check the state of the RCP node.

$ docker exec -ti otbr sh -c "sudo ot-ctl"
The result shown is as :

root@3ed9d2dbac34:/app# sudo ot-ctl
connect session failed: No such file or directory

/dev/ttyACM0:/dev/ttyACM0 and the baudrate as the device was correctly made.

And the result for :

$ sudo docker logs 3ed9d2dbac34 -f ,

the log shown is as:

Jan 12 13:14:09 3ed9d2dbac34 avahi-daemon[187]: Server startup complete. Host name is 3ed9d2dbac34.local. Local service cookie is 934758330.
Jan 12 13:52:00 3ed9d2dbac34 otbr-web[243]: [ERR ]-WEB-----: OpenThread daemon is not running.
Jan 12 13:52:00 3ed9d2dbac34 otbr-web[243]: [ERR ]-WEB-----: Error is 12
Jan 12 13:53:07 3ed9d2dbac34 otbr-web[243]: [ERR ]-WEB-----: OpenThread daemon is not running.
Jan 12 13:53:07 3ed9d2dbac34 otbr-web[243]: [ERR ]-WEB-----: Wpan service error: 13
Jan 12 13:54:51 3ed9d2dbac34 otbr-web[243]: [ERR ]-WEB-----: OpenThread daemon is not running.
Jan 12 13:54:51 3ed9d2dbac34 otbr-web[243]: [ERR ]-WEB-----: Error is 12

Referred from:

Jonathan Hui

Jan 12, 2022, 2:55:03 PM1/12/22
to Nitish kumar s, openthread-users
Docker runs on your host system, I'm not sure what you mean by "docker inside EFR32".

It sounds like `ot-daemon` is not able to communicate with your RCP. I would double check that you followed the RCP setup instructions properly in the codelab's Firmware Setup section.

--
Jonathan Hui

Sébastien Parent-Charette

Jan 13, 2022, 10:23:08 AM1/13/22
to openthread-users
Hi,

As Jonathan Hui said, it seems like you are unable to establish a connection to your EFR32.
Here are a few questions to clear up the details:
1) What EFR32 or BRDnnnn are you using?
2) Did you build your project from Simplicity Studio? If so, what GSDK/OpenThread SDK version are you using?

Please provide more details concerning your steps for setting up the EFR32 firmware and the docker image.

Sincerely,

Nitish kumar s

Jan 15, 2022, 7:04:26 AM1/15/22
to openthread-users
Sorry, Sir, I had meant "Installed the docker for EFR32MG12", and we had solved the case and successfully created the RCP,  by the link provided:
https://openthread.io/guides/border-router/build

Nitish kumar s

Jan 15, 2022, 7:15:50 AM1/15/22
to openthread-users
Hi Sir,
1) We are using BRD4166A.
2)We had built and flashed the ot-RCP using Simplicity Studio V5.
    Openthread gsdk-4.0.0.
    " docker pull siliconlabsinc/openthread-border-router:gsdk-4.0.0 "

We were able to successfully activate the RCP and the case is solved.