OPENTHREAD_CONFIG_MLE_MAX_CHILDREN For specyfic router or whole Thread network?

Michał Poterek

Mar 25, 2022, 3:24:50 PM3/25/22
to openthread-users
I'm a little confused if OPENTHREAD_CONFIG_MLE_MAX_CHILDREN  limit number of children in the whole Thread network or for the specific router.   If for specyfic router - what are reasonable maximum values for CC1352?

Jonathan Hui

Mar 25, 2022, 3:28:46 PM3/25/22
to Michał Poterek, openthread-users
The OPENTHREAD_CONFIG_MLE_MAX_CHILDREN configuration specifies the child table size for a given router.

Choosing the appropriate child table size really depends on the amount of available RAM you want to allocate to the child table, relative to anything else that might be running on the same SoC.

--
Jonathan Hui

On Fri, Mar 25, 2022 at 12:24 PM Michał Poterek <superv...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm a little confused if OPENTHREAD_CONFIG_MLE_MAX_CHILDREN  limit number of children in the whole Thread network or for the specific router.   If for specyfic router - what are reasonable maximum values for CC1352?

Michał Poterek

Mar 26, 2022, 3:47:57 AM3/26/22
to Jonathan Hui, openthread-users
Thank you for explanation ;)