Does it make sense to merge MQTT-SN protocol client implementation to OpenThread repository?

xvh

Feb 25, 2020, 2:39:04 PM2/25/20
to openthread-users
Hello,

as I mentioned in this group in the past I imlemented MQTT-SN 1.2 client with nearly all features support (only without "will" stuff). To make it easier to use it is implemented directly in OpenThread fork including CLI commands, C API wrapper and some unit tests.

I would like to ask if there is any demand (and if it really makes sense) to merge my MQTT-SN client implementation to original OpenThread project in adition to CoAP, DNS etc. Or do I better have to keep this project in separate repository and sync new stuff from original repository manually? Of course I would eventually fix formatting issues, clear branch tree etc. before pull request.

The fork can be found here:
https://github.com/kyberpunk/openthread

There are also some examples of usage:

Thank you for your opinions.