Guidance for communicating with Cloud Broker using MQTT-SN protocol over OpenThread Network

Nikhil Komalan

Aug 8, 2021, 5:35:35 AM8/8/21
to openthread-users

Hello,

I currently open thread setup running and i am using MQTT-SN protocol for communincation at application level. I have Eclipse paho MQTTSN Gateway setup on Border Router and i am able to recieve data on public MQTT brokers by replacing Broker IP address in mqttsn gateway.conf file.  Currently all my MQTTSN clients are getting connected to local mosquitto broker with same IP Address and different client ID.

Now to send data to broker running on cloud i have to provide Root CA certificate, private keys file to MQTT-SN Gateway. But i am confused about how to pass the client information. And with this approach only my gateway will be able to connect to cloud broker. So if i have 1000s Thread devices in network do i have to add every client information to client file.

In clients.c file,  which IP address should i pass. The IP address provided by the open thread device or the IP address by which my clients are connecting to local broker(which is same in my case). And i also see there is some port defined and other extra information after the client IP address in clients list file, which i don''t know what should i write there.

Can anyone please help me with establishing the connection with cloud. Hopefully someone can help