Unique Identifiers for Thread devices

Nikhil Komalan

Sep 3, 2021, 2:56:57 AM9/3/21
to openthread-users
Hello,

In my Open Thread application, I have to assign UID to each devices so that we can recognize whether a device is Online/Offline. We are targeting more than 1K custom boards with nRF52840 chip set.

So i would like to know can i use IEEE EUI-64 address (i.e API: otPlatRadioGetIeeeEui64) for identifying different thread devices. The same EUI64 address is also used at the time of commissioning also. So i think it is indeed reliable.

Pengcheng Liu

Sep 3, 2021, 4:00:44 AM9/3/21
to Nikhil Komalan, openthread-users
eui64 is assigned by your platform.
The platform vendor is responsible for the uniqueness in the global range.