Questions about GRL (Topology file and Border Router)

Eric Ziegler

Mar 11, 2022, 10:00:23 AM3/11/22
to openthread-users
Hello,

Question 1:
I would like to know how to force GRL to use the Topology file available in Thread1.2\Thread_Harness\TestScripts\TopologyConfig.py.

As you can see in the report file attached, the topology is not used, which is problematic for obvious test reproducibility.  Where can I change this setting ?

Question 2:
I am having trouble on how to connect the border routers to GRL (Kirale BR and RPI+Silabs or Nordic).
I think I have correctly flashed them with the correct firmwares, but they are not detected by GRL.

Can someone give me links on how to make it work ? A kind of user manual would be nice.

Thank you for having read me.

Eric
Capture d’écran 2022-03-11 155253.png

Eric Ziegler

Mar 14, 2022, 6:13:23 AM3/14/22
to openthread-users
Hello,

I found the answers to my questions:

Q1: To force the use of the topology file, change "EnableDeviceSelection = True" in C:\GRL\Thread1.2\Config\Configuration.ini

Q2: Documentation is available on the Thread Portal, you must subscribe to the Thread Certification Committee group first, then you'll have access to files in "Thread Certification Committee/Thread Test Environment".

Eric