OpenThread Community Changes - PLEASE READ!

openthread-users

Mar 8, 2022, 7:00:05 PM3/8/22
to openthread-users

Hello openthread-users,

In order to improve the OpenThread community experience, over the next month we're migrating all discussion activity to GitHub Discussions.

This migration period will end on April 8th, and from that date the openthread-users Google Group will be locked to new threads and posts, and all activity should happen on GitHub Discussions going forward.

Why are we doing this?

GitHub Discussions allows us to manage all things OpenThread in one central location.  All development happens on GitHub, and moving all community discussion there makes it easier to cross-reference code, issues, and pull requests between the OpenThread repos and Discussions.  Many developers are already using GitHub to clone or fork OpenThread, and Discussion notifications can now be managed there, alongside your other configured notifications.

Moving everything to Discussions also raises the visibility of questions and answers within Google and GitHub search, compared to the existing Group we have now.  This helps future users find the content and help they need faster.

When can I start using GitHub Discussions?

Right now!  It is already enabled for the OpenThread organization.  Please start using it and let us know what you think.

Regards,

The OpenThread team

openthread-users

Apr 7, 2022, 11:23:36 AM4/7/22
to openthread-users
Hello openthread-users,

A reminder that the switch to GitHub Discussions will happen in the next day or so, and that this Google Group will be locked to new threads and posts.  Please make sure to start posting questions on GitHub Discussions going forward.

Regards,

The OpenThread team

openthread-users

Apr 13, 2022, 11:24:32 AM4/13/22
to openthread-users
Hello openthread-users,

This group is now locked to new posts and replies.  Please use GitHub Discussions for all questions and discussion going forward.

If you have a thread/question that was not resolved, please repost on GitHub Discussions if desired.

Regards,

The OpenThread team
This conversation is locked