Adding LED indicator for packet activity in NCP/RCP

nealsj...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2021, 3:02:11 PM7/29/21
to openthread-users
Hello,

I was wondering if there was a preferred or recommended way to add an LED indicator for openthread packet transmission activity to the NCP/RCP applications.

I see that there is an API to gather information on message buffer usage, this may be a good proxy for in flight messages to use to toggle an indicator LED.

However, I'm not sure how I should go about adding this to the existing NCP/RCP applications. Would a good way be to add this behavior in otSysProcessDrivers for my particular platform?

If anyone has any other ideas, I would appreciate them!

Thanks,
Neal