A.Word.A.Day--conversazione

Opentarot

Dec 21, 2012, 10:21:47 AM12/21/12
to Google Opentarotnexus, Group

 Wordsmith.org The Magic of Words

Dec 21, 2012
This week's theme
Yours to discover

This week's words
wakerife
quadrennium
subjugate
xerophyte
conversazione

Have you found what's common in this week's words?
Enter the contest
A.Word.A.Day with Anu Garg

conversazione

PRONUNCIATION:
(kon-vuhr-sayt-see-O-nee, kahn-, -nay)

MEANING:
noun: A formal gathering for conversation, especially on arts, literature, etc.

ETYMOLOGY:
From Italian conversazione (conversation), from Latin conversari (to associate with). Ultimately from the Indo-European root wer- (to turn or bend), also the source of wring, weird, writhe, worth, revert, universe, verso, versicolor, and animadvert. Earliest documented use: 1740.

USAGE:
"We must invite them to our conversazione."
Amanda Grange; Mr. Darcy, Vampyre; Sourcebooks; 2009.

A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
Live a balanced life. Learn some and think some, and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some. - Robert Fulghum, author (b. 1937)

© 2012 Wordsmith.org