[Talk-ee] Tamrex shops in Estonia

Rihards

Jan 4, 2021, 2:41:26 PM1/4/21
to tal...@openstreetmap.org
Heya. wonderful OSM community in Estonia :)

I was clarifying tagging for the Tamrex shops in Latvia, and also looked at Estonia.
The mapped shops are tagged as:
* shop=yes (3x)
* shop=security

Looking at the type of goods they sell, the following seems to be more accurate:
shop=clothes
clothes=workwear

Does that sounds reasonable?
If so, I'd also submit an entry for name-suggestion-index.

Mihkel Rämmel

Jan 4, 2021, 4:50:35 PM1/4/21
to OpenStreetMap Estonia
Hi,
Tamrex in Estonia has made its name by selling fire safety products.
Only in recent years the focus seems to have shifted more to safety
and general work clothing. If possible I would try to keep a reference
to fire safety also, as there are only a handful of companies dealing
with these products in Estonia.

Probably something like:
shop=clothes
clothes=workwear
shop:security=yes

Regards,
Mihkel
RM87

Rihards

Jan 4, 2021, 4:57:48 PM1/4/21
to OpenStreetMap Estonia
Thank you Anti, Mihkel.
The fire safety part was exactly what confused me a bit - but, as Mihkel mentions, the current focus / primary goods seem to be workwear clothing.

Adding shop:security seems good, although I'm not sure whether data consumers would be able to use it.
Couldn't find such a tagging scheme in wiki, is it mentioned somewhere?

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:shop%3Dsecurity is pretty much a stub and further classification could be useful (for example, there are enough places that do only one of video surveillance and firefighting), but I'll leave that part to somebody else :)