Re: 8 BackBlaze Pods for sale.

Message has been deleted

Justin Lim

Aug 15, 2013, 4:54:30 AM8/15/13
to opensto...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gill,

Which version of the BackBlaze Pod and the models of the harddisk ?

Thank You

Justin

On Thursday, 8 August 2013 05:40:54 UTC+8, T Gill wrote:
Posted this a couple of months ago. Posting it again here:

I assembled 8 BackBlaze storage pods, for a project which never took off. I want to sell them now. I thought people in this group might be interested.

Each pod is fully assembled, with:

  • modular power supplies (in case a power supply goes bust, you can easily replace it without doing all the wiring again)
  • 32 GB RAM
  • 6 Pods have 45 3TB HardDrives each (Mix of Seagate, WD and Hitachi)
  • 2 Pods have 30 3TB Drives and 15 4TB Drives each.
  • Fully tested, virtually unused Pods.
Selling the 2 Pods with 15 4GB drives for 7500 USD each, and the other 6 for 6000 USD each.

Please let me know if you are interested. I am located in Silicon Valley (Santa Clara) California. I can ship these to anywhere in USA.

You can contact me directly at: 415 525 6827

Thanks,
T Gill.

Jack Loom

Sep 26, 2013, 4:09:17 PM9/26/13
to opensto...@googlegroups.com
Hello Gill,

we are a small startup in Vancouver Canada and I we are doing a setup for our storage servers. We are interested to know if you still have the Blaze. My phone number is 7788713564.

Cheers,
Alex

Gavin Schuette

Jan 30, 2014, 9:09:47 PM1/30/14
to opensto...@googlegroups.com

How would you connect a pod to say a big server with 80 cpu?

Tim Lossen

Jan 31, 2014, 2:01:04 AM1/31/14
On 2014-01-31, at 3:09 AM, Gavin Schuette wrote:
> How would you connect a pod to say a big server with 80 cpu?

hmmmm ...... you could try 10gig ethernet cards on both ends, maybe?

tim

Chris Robertson

Jan 31, 2014, 11:40:35 AM1/31/14
to opensto...@googlegroups.com, opensto...@googlegroups.com
Realize that 10Gbe Ethernet may exceed the effective bandwidth to the local storage of a pod (depending on your access patterns).

Sent from my iPad