Any Open 90-disk JBOD SAS3 12Gb/s Expander Design Around ?

Vincent Olivier

Dec 16, 2015, 12:25:22 AM12/16/15
to OpenStoragePod
Hello,

Is anyone into getting close to an open design equivalent of the sexiest thing in the Universe ?

Regards,

Vincent

Vincent Olivier

Dec 16, 2015, 12:25:23 AM12/16/15
to OpenStoragePod
What is the largest open design a SAS3 JBOD chassis like the SuperMicro one ? Anyone ever tried something similar ? All I see are full systems with MoBos and all and I would like a disk+expander setup only.

Regards,

Vincent
ps: sorry if you see this post twice Google Groups seem to have eaten my previous attempt…

Tim Lossen

Dec 16, 2015, 12:28:56 AM12/16/15
to opensto...@googlegroups.com
everything fine, your previous post wasn’t eaten — but there is a moderation queue (for new posters) to keep out spam :)

tim

Matthew Patton

Dec 21, 2015, 10:24:50 AM12/21/15
to OpenStoragePod
SGI likewise had/had a 96 drive enclosure. If you make some calls to contract manufacturers in Taiwan, you too can have the 3x36 SAS chassis that a certain entity in Washington state uses for their cloud storage.

Matthew Patton

Dec 21, 2015, 10:33:43 AM12/21/15
to OpenStoragePod
you might like these
http://dataonstorage.com/dcs/dcs-9178-4u-78-bay-sas-sata-data-center-storage.html

Datadirect Ultra Dense Enclosure – SS8460
  •  84 Drives in 4U
  •  Intermix SSD, SAS, SATA
All of these enclosures actually come from one place (mostly) - Xyratex.