Public pod (v4?) sketches

George Antoniadis

Mar 11, 2015, 11:13:45 AM3/11/15
to opensto...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

I've been interested for quite some time on BackBlaze pods.
Been using custom made boxes for some time for NAS with a wide variety of OSes and RAID systems.

Since v1 I wanted to make a pod. The problem is that due to where I live costs of ordering backplanes and other specialty components is very iffy and expensive.

v4 removed the backplanes and make the whole architecture much more hacker friendly.
The problem is that when they started selling through 45drives I can't find the specs/sketches anywhere.
The price of providing the sketches to a local manufacturer for cutting and folding would be significally cheaper.

Are the v4 pod sketches available to users? If not is there a similar sketch that does not require backplanes?

Thank you very much in advance! :)
George