How do I do a lost in space solution?

skof...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2019, 1:09:11 PM2/8/19
to OpenStartracker
Possibly a dumb question but I am lost here. I have the full github download, all the files are in place, I figured out how to calibrate the camera and run test images. How do I run the lost in space solutions after calibration for any image?

Thanks!

Andrew Tennenbaum

Feb 11, 2019, 12:55:39 PM2/11/19
to OpenStartracker
Hi - startracker.py should be viewed as an example which can be customized to fit your needs. I have it configured to open a python eval loop on port  8010, which you can connect to in order to command it to solve images. An example of this can be seen here:

The positions of all of the stars found are given in both the ECI and body frames - see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth-centered_inertial, along with their brightness

typically you would use this as an input to a kalman filter along with gyro measurements to get current position
Earth_Centered_Inertial_Coordinate_System.png