Question about Star Database

Monroe King

Dec 28, 2018, 4:00:42 PM12/28/18
to OpenStartracker
How often do you need to update the star database? If the unit is working as a stand alone tracker on orbit?

Monroe

Umair Khan

Dec 29, 2018, 2:36:43 AM12/29/18
to OpenStartracker
Very rarely, if at all? This is actually the first time I've thought about the question, it hasn't come up anywhere in my work with OpenStarTracker. A little Googling shows that at least some of NASA's own software is using a catalog from 1997, so I'm thinking it's not a big concern.

- Umair

Monroe King

Dec 29, 2018, 6:59:10 AM12/29/18
to OpenStartracker
Ah ok! Yeah I thought that was true but I just wanted to be sure. I'd hate to be on orbit and need an update! lol Thanks!