Cross compile for ARM

Steve B

Aug 18, 2021, 6:00:04 PM8/18/21
to OpenStartracker
Anybody done cross compile for ARM on this?
I found a thread about somebody wanting to run on Beaglebone Black and the suggestion was to install dependencies and give it a go.

In my expected workflow there isn't any package manager to simply install dependencies, and my embedded boards don't have access to the network so even if I had a package manager I wouldn't be able to use it easily.
Typically we have to cross-compile our binaries on a workstation and transfer them over to target platform. I may not even have Python on my target system.

Has anybody built this way?

Stephen Bialkowski

Aug 19, 2021, 1:57:36 AM8/19/21
to Steve B, OpenStartracker
I seem to remember porting to C++ and sharing…not 100% on that. I’m on vacation. I’ll look into it if no one responds before I get back.

Steve B

Aug 23, 2021, 4:30:45 PM8/23/21
to OpenStartracker
That would be good, not a huge hurry but I'll be in a place to start looking at it soon-ish.

Thanks!