Disabling Server certificate validation for Testing

Kevin M

Mar 9, 2015, 3:39:53 PM3/9/15
to openssl...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I need to run a client test and was looking for some guidance on how to configure OpenSSL to allow the test to occur.

1) Client sends the message “Client Hello” to the server.
2) Server sends its public key with the message “Server Hello, Certificate, Server Hello Done”
3) Client sends its public key with the message “Client Key Exchange, Change Cipher Spec, Encrypted Handshake Message”
4) Server sends encrypted handshake message with the message “Change Cipher Spec, Encrypted Handshake Message”

In the 4th step, as soon as client receives encrypted message from the server, I need the client to terminate the handshake.

For the test I am running, The server and client are bothing using an RSA cipher suite but I need the server to use ECDSA and have the client drop the session. However, the server is responding with a fatal error.

Is there a configuration I can apply to OpenSSL Server to disable the server from doing validation on the certificate?

Kevin