Hello

Mikhas

Aug 17, 2010, 12:33:41 PM8/17/10
to openspotlight-dev
Hello!

I have watched one presentation about the tool some time ago and I'm
really interested on using it where I work.
Also, would be great to help on the project development!

(Tem algum brasileiro aqui?)

Many Thanks!

Feu Teston

Aug 17, 2010, 12:44:30 PM8/17/10
to openspot...@googlegroups.com
Sure, we are Brazilian. If you're brazilian and if you're living in são paulo, we can schedule a meeting on some starbucks to explain the project to you. If u don't we can talk on skype. By the way, you can add me on gtalk and skype:

skype: root_feu
gtalk: feu.t...@gmail.com

The project has several modules to be explained. We are working on documentation yet, so it could be faster to talk about each piece before you start to do some work.

Cheers!

Teston

2010/8/17 Mikhas <mikha...@gmail.com>

--
Feu Teston
http://feuteston.com

Alexandre Porcelli

Aug 17, 2010, 12:50:03 PM8/17/10
to openspot...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mikhas,

First of all... yes there is Brazilians here... I'm the project lead
and brazilian as well.

But the policy here is use english on every public communication, due
2 main reasons:

1) English is universal and as we are talking about open source
community it should not exclude people from around the world
2) The project is not focused to solve a brazilian specific
problem.... it aims to help anybody in any place in the world... so to
be global we need to communicate in english

If you have any problem to comunicate using english (and as i got
your first mail using english i do not think you have this kind of
problem ;) ) you can contact me privetly (using gtalk).

Done with language and community, let's talk about the project
itself: first of all, you're really wellcomed to join this project..
we really wellcome external contributors. There is several places
where you (or anyone) can help, here are some:

- Review our actual API documentations
- Help build getting started docs
- Implement new data storages backends
- Help with User Interface (UX)
- Write parsers
- ...

Now about use it in your company... sure we wanna this! But at this
moment we are focused on development to fully finish this open source
project. If you once saw my presentation you probably saw the oldest
version (that for now we paused its selling, just supporting active
customers). Once more, you can contact me directly and let me explain
better all these points ;)

[]s
_________________________________
Alexandre Porcelli - OSL Project Lead
E: alexandre...@gmail.com

Mikhas

Aug 17, 2010, 2:43:21 PM8/17/10
to openspotlight-dev
Cool,

I thougth the project was kinda dead. Thanks god it's not.

Well, it's hard to me to keep contact with the exterior world where I
work. No IM or external mail (I'm seding it through google groups
page).

I live in Parque São Lucas,São Paulo (Z/L).

I'll be adding you guys on gmail at night.

On 17 ago, 13:50, Alexandre Porcelli <alexandre.porce...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> E: alexandre.porce...@gmail.com

Feu Teston