Welcome to the OpenSpime discussion group!

David Orban

Jun 17, 2008, 5:50:33 AM6/17/08
to OpenSpime
We are starting to take our vision of OpenSpime protocol into
reality... But this cannot be achieved on our own, and as importantly
it cannot be achieved without a healthy debate that goes beyond the
technical specifications.

Spimes show a great promise, and are seen by many as an important step
forward to better understand our world, and find applications that
will be to the benefit of humankind. There are concerns, however, that
the power of spimes can be abused, that the collection of data, at an
unprecedented granularity, by governments, and corporations, can
undermine fundamental freedoms, instead of creating new ones, as it
should be.

This discussion board can serve to all those who are interested in
debating the topics related to privacy, policies, best practices, and
alike concerning the Internet Of Things.

We want to foster a debate that can progress alongside the technology
of spimes, so that when this technology is introduced, there is a
consensus about their benefit, and the best way to control them.

David

David Orban
OpenSpime
Infrastructure For An Open Internet Of Things