Error message

Gertrudes Saúde Guerreiro

Jul 11, 2023, 11:10:55 AM7/11/23
to Julia Koschinsky, Luc Anselin, openspa...@googlegroups.com
image.png

Dear All,
Can you help me to resolve this error?
I've saved a Project File, but I can't open it. What should I do?
Thank you in advance.
Best regards.
Gertrudes Saúde Guerreiro
Professora Auxiliar|Assistant Professor
Presidente do Conselho Pedagógico da ECS e membro da CEA do curso de Licenciatura em Economia

|University of Évora
Colégio Espírito Santo | Largo dos Colegiais, 2 | 7004-516 Évora | PORTUGAL

Danlin Yu

Jul 11, 2023, 12:05:00 PM7/11/23
to openspa...@googlegroups.com

As the error message suggests, you might have moved one of your data sources of the project to a different folder. You can either move it back to where it was, or as the message suggests, modify the .gda project file to change the missing data source file to where it is.

Danlin Yu, Ph.D.
Professor of GIS and Urban Geography
Department of Earth & Environmental Studies
Montclair State University
Montclair, NJ, 07043
Tel: 973-655-4313
Fax: 973-655-4072
Office: CELS 314
Email: y...@montclair.edu
webpage: csam.montclair.edu/~yu
Academic Editor and Editorial Board Member: Remote Sensing
Special Issues: https://www.mdpi.com/journal/remotesensing/special_issues/UPES_Big_Data_ra
Editor's Choice Articles:
https://www.mdpi.com/journal/remotesensing/editors_choice
 Most Cited & Viewed: https://www.mdpi.com/journal/remotesensing/most_cited
Academic Editor and Editorial Board Member: International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health
Special Issues:
Urban livability in the Big Data Era
https://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijerph/special_issues/urban_environmental_management
Heavy metal contamination in urban environment
https://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijerph/special_issues/S61HUBE7B1
Any submission to the special issues prior to Jan. 31, 2024 will receive a 25% discount of APC.

Gertrudes Saúde Guerreiro

Jul 12, 2023, 12:07:14 PM7/12/23
to openspa...@googlegroups.com
Dear Danlin,
Thank you.
But I have all the files in the same folder... I don't understand...
Best whishes.
Gertrudes Saúde Guerreiro
Professora Auxiliar
Presidente do Conselho Pedagógico da ECS e membro da CEA do curso de Licenciatura em Economia

Colégio Espírito Santo | Largo dos Colegiais, 2 | 7004-516 Évora | PORTUGAL

Julia Koschinsky

Jul 12, 2023, 4:02:54 PM7/12/23
to openspa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gertrudes,

To check Danlin's response, you can see if the datasource that's recorded in your .gda file is pointing to the wrong file or not. You can open the .gda file using a text editor like Notepad or TextEdit (see the screenshot example below), and check if the file path in the <datasource> tag is correct. Or you can directly open the geospatial file (e.g. a shp file) instead of the .gda file in GeoDa.

Best,
Julia

Julia Koschinsky, Ph.D.
Executive Director and Senior Research Associate
Center for Spatial Data Science
University of Chicago