Error saving in shapefile format

G. Q. M. Alcântara

Jan 17, 2021, 7:01:20 AM1/17/21
to Openspace List
Hi. I'm having trouble trying to save a file in shapefile format.
I performed the following procedure:
Map => Rates-Calculated Map and generated columns with the data.
However, I cannot save the shapefile file.
The message appears: Failed to add field named BR_07 (name of one of the columns I saved).
I tried to delete the column that accused error, it didn't.
I consulted the variable Propieties and several columns (8 of 13 added) appeared without the minimum possible and the maximum possible.
Please, if you have any guidance. Thankful.

Nicolas Cadieux

Jan 17, 2021, 9:45:46 AM1/17/21
to openspa...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have had problems modifying shp files in the past using other software.  These .shp where normally created using AutoCAD and normally considered of only 3 files.  You should have 4, 5 or more.

The best way around the problem is to install QGIS (OpenSource), to open the file and to save it under a new name, then try again with this new file.  I would try that unless someone has a pysal or GeoDa specific answer. Shooting from the hip here...