Fwd: [consulting] US Lobby Groups Attacks Open Source

Paola Di Maio

May 31, 2010, 3:54:36 AM5/31/10
to Open Source Thailand
fyi

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sami Khan <sa...@etopian.net>
Date: Mon, May 31, 2010 at 7:49 AM
Subject: Re: [consulting] US Lobby Groups Attacks Open Source
To: "Fresh Websites | Web Deli ( visit: www.webdeli.com.au )" <sup...@webdeli.com.au>
Cc: A list for Drupal consultants and Drupal service/hosting providers <consu...@drupal.org>, sami...@etopian.com

Yes, I read the original document and saw that there is nothing in
there, just a bunch of stuff about IP against the aforementioned
countries. However, the Guardian article
( http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2010/feb/23/opensource-intellectual-property ) which is also linked which is a respected newspaper in the UK did post that the same group that lobby's the US government to put countries on that list.

The reason I posted it is that if you work and make a living off Open
Source you should be aware the American IP lobby groups are out to
destroy your bread and butter.

If you don't care, that's fine; but the people should know and lobby
against this behaviour because their livelihoods depend on it.

I am a Canadian and I find this behaviour highly offensive! Especially
with the type of draconian legislation American IP groups are attempting
to push on our country!

Regards,
Sami Khan