Fwd: [OSDD-public] Calling Geeks to the OSDD Hackathon

Bryan Bishop

Dec 29, 2009, 12:38:15 AM12/29/09
to opensourc...@googlegroups.com, kan...@gmail.com
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dr.Vinod Scaria <drv...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 11:30 PM
Subject: [OSDD-public] Calling Geeks to the OSDD Hackathon
To: Open Source Drug Discovery <osdd-...@googlegroups.com>

Calling Geeks to the OSDD Hackathon

Dear Colleagues @ OSDD

Following the success of the OSDD "Connect to Decode" programme for
Genome Annotation and constant mails from people around the world to
have a programme for students of Engineering background, we are
organising the OSDD Hackathon 2010.

Hope you would have had a chance to go through the recently launched
Google Wave platform. This platform federation protocol is available
in Open Source and thus enables its widespread adoption in
collaborative research. We understand the uniqueness of this idea and
feel that community adoption of the platform for serious research is
possible only if there are sufficient tools for researchers. To this
end, we are calling all volunteers to this competition to create one
of the largest corpus tool-sets for Biological research and
collaboration using the wave platform.

We have put up a website to this end, and you should be at this moment
be able to access it at URL:

http://hackathon.osdd.net
I would be grateful if you could pass on this information to your
colleagues and friends. We have already despatched posters to a number
of institutes and Colleges and you should be able to find them in your
mailboxes in a weeks' time. You can find a PDF version of the poster
at the website

If you have queries, even after going through the entire website,
please feel free to contact me. I would be grateful if you could mark
"hackathon" in the subject-line so I can find and respond fast.
Best regards
Vinod

Dr Vinod Scaria
Scientist
G N Ramachandran Knowledge Centre for Genome Informatics,
Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (CSIR),
Mall Road, Delhi 110 007, India
E-mail: vin...@igib.res.in
Web: http://vinodscaria.rnabiology.org/
Mob: +91 9650466002

Lab Address: IGIB Extension Center at Naraina,
A93-94 Naraina Inds Area, Phase 1,Naraina, New Delhi -110 028, Ph-
+91-11-25895615, 45073677/88/99 | Fax no: +91-11-2766 7471
What's New? Visit http://miracle.igib.res.in

NOTE
'This message, including any attachments, may contain confidential and
privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
Review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is prohibited. If
you receive this message in error, please notify the sender by reply
e-
mail and delete the message from all computers. Please note that e-
mails are susceptible to change. The sender will not accept liability
for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information
contained in this message.'

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507