Fwd: hello

joe ford

Nov 11, 2010, 5:03:17 PM11/11/10
to opensourc...@googlegroups.com

Hi
I hope im not bothering your group , I have been searching for a place that is developing an oscurrency and this looks like the most active
and progressive. This area of development is so fragmented and has so many potential branches of evolution that is is a miracle that
you are able to get something together. I would be grateful for any time you might have to point me to a synopsis of where you are right now and
how you see the vision of your oscurrency.

*im not a programmer

many thanks

regards
Joe Comerford

HeresTomWithTheWeather

Nov 12, 2010, 3:04:58 PM11/12/10
to opensourcecurrency
that's a good idea. i need to do that! oscurrency is a fork of
insoshi and all the vision is borrowed from others. in this case,
oscurrency uses ruby as a tool for intentional economics (lietaer).
the name "open source currency" is borrowed from rushkoff. we've just
started experimentally using BDD + the cancan authorization gem with a
few grassroots groups to easily describe rules for currencies that can
be trivially implemented in code. i'll have a blog post with more
detail about this within a week. that's the big picture. shorter
term, i'm working on a UI redesign with jquery which will hopefully be
merged into the master branch soon once people are happy with it.

cheers,
tom