Synching melody with chords

Charlie Simpson

Mar 4, 2023, 5:06:13 PM3/4/23
to OpenSongApp
Hi,
Sometimes I like to write a melody line above the relavent chords. e. g. For an intro or an instrumental. However the melody line is never in sync with the chord line. I've tried preceding both lines with full stops, and removing the full stop from the melody line OR  from the chord line and adding spaces to one or the other or both without success.  I can do it by trial and error but this takes forever.

Any ideas how I can do this easily please?

Regards,

Charlie Simpson

Sarah Dab

Mar 6, 2023, 10:23:50 AM3/6/23
to OpenSongApp
Hi Charlie,

You can use the guitar tablature format.  It uses a font with fixed spacing (each character the same width)  so not the normal font, but it may help you.

Edit your song adding comment lines starting with

; |

That is semi colon, space and the 'pipe' symbol.  Follow this by the content you want.   If you add a line of lyrics and then a line of chords you will see it displayed aligned as you have entered it.

Might help.  Have fun.
Sarah